Tuesday, July 18, 2017

It's Day 3 of my Radical Self-Love Project

I dropped the ball yesterday. I didn't post at night yesterday. In my defence it was an act of self-love. As I got up to leave work my dad called (my landline is redirected to my mobile) and since I didn't want to talk to him while I was on the bus that became a conversation had later.

I like talking to my dad nowadays. We talk about happy memories and I realise just how much of an early feminist he was back in the 80s when I was a teen. I'm starting to see where the strong belief I have that I as a woman can do anything comes from. I didn't see it clearly before because my mum isn't like that at all.


Morning

I like my hair, no really, I love my hair.

I like that I can get excited about someone replying to a Facebook post on their timeline.

I like that my body is trying to get better after going back into pain again.

I like that I'm so good at my job.

I like that I want to like my body and that I'm working so hard on doing that.


Evening

It's been a day of too many words. Too much editing documents and too much of tidying up what other people have written. My brain aches from it. I long to wax lyrically about things and I wonder about that person who's decided to switch to calling me by my real first name, not the middle name I use for convenience, publicly on Facebook. Last time someone did that they were trying a combination of sucking up to me and showing off. I don't think that's the case this time but I've spent a lot of time thinking about it today. Why? I guess I could ask but perhaps it's better left as a curious mystery.

I swing from really enjoying my new job to seeing it as somewhat of a deja vu drag in miniature form. Smaller company, a lot smaller, but the same insecurities surface in people and I just don't want to play with that anymore. I try to distance myself but I can't help getting involved where I can help. Yesterday I was in a focus group and I ended up saying what I knew people who have been there for years wanted to say but didn't dare. This morning one of them thanked me. I knew he felt like he'd been heard in a roundabout way.

So this evening,

I like that I'm outspoken especially when it helps others.

I like my sense of humour.

I like how I naturally fall into the mode of encouraging people.

I like how I got happy that someone acknowledged something I did weeks ago this morning.

I like my hair, I just can't get enough of it at the moment.

Have you thought about joining me yet? I would love to hear what you like about you. We could share. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day Something of my Radical Something-Something Project

You can't trust me. I set out on a new and shiny path and I don't follow through. I feel a little like that about my whole life a...

Popular posts